Question
adjust brightness
Replies (32)

Top Student
Talyn
Message 11 of 33 (11,619 Views)

Re: adjust brightness when battery is used

Thanks for the response but that is simply not what i am looking for. I have a new EliteBook 8470p Laptop and when you pull the A/C Adaptor and it's running on the battery the screen (LCD) brightness drop about 50%. it makes it impossible to see in any kind of light. The function F9 / F10 keys dont work and i cannot for the life of me find where you can override the default setting and addjust the brightness. i know it does this to conserve battery, but when you work in the field you have to have the option to increase the brightness or it's useless

Honor Student
Minkiesmum
Message 12 of 33 (11,607 Views)

That is done automatically to conserve battery power. You can alter it though. Go to control panel/power options/change plan setting and it's there to amend them.

Lynda~

Top Student
Talyn
Message 13 of 33 (11,598 Views)

Thaks Lynda,  but there were nooptions there for channging screen brightness while onbattery

Honor Student
Minkiesmum
Message 14 of 33 (11,592 Views)

Trust me and hunt around in the options. It's where I said on my HP laptop...honest !!  Under the power saver thing it lists both options for running on battery and running on AC power and the top option is to dim the display by 50% on battery.....go and open your control panel and search there for power saver.......it'll be there somewhere.

Lynda~

Top Student
Talyn
Message 15 of 33 (11,583 Views)

Thanks again for the reply. those were my instincts (and now my frustration) as well. The Co moved us from 10 years on Dell laptops to HP and i know exactly where this option "Should" be (function keys or no function keys) but it is simply not there. i'll give out support center a call. Again, thanks for trying to help

Student
MukeshJ
Message 16 of 33 (11,429 Views)

Re: adjust brightness

I have bought HP G6 2314

laptop installed

windows7 i am not able to adjust the brightness can someone help me.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 17 of 33 (11,407 Views)

Hello @Mukesj,

You state that you are unable to adjust the brightness on your computer, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

I was unable to pull up the information on your computer, it looks to be that a couple digits are missing. Have a look at this document to help you retrieve all the information needed.

Also prior to you noticing this issue was there any new installs of any updates? Have you made any upgrades to any hardware?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Top Student
Talyn
Message 18 of 33 (11,397 Views)

Thank you. Its an HP Elitebook 8470p. I cannot find where to adjust the LCD brightness when it running on battery. Very frustrating when you're in the file most if the time. I've never had a laptop with this issue. Every other one I've had since 1995 had a simple function key or power management option
Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 19 of 33 (11,370 Views)

@Talyn,

F9 and F10 should be you brightness keys and you may have to press the FN key along with those keys. F9 dim’s the screen and F10 makes it brighter.

The FN key is located on the bottom row over in the left hand side of the keyboard between the windows and CTRL key.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Top Student
Talyn
Message 20 of 33 (11,365 Views)

If you do work for HP maybe you can help. I am an adult user with pretty savvy laptop skills. I know all about the function keys (they do not work - they have been disabled) There is also no option i can find in the control panel (Display or Power Option or Intel Graphics and media control) where i can edit the preset "Brightness" level while on battery power. Plugged into the A/C adapter screen brightness is 100%. Pull the plug and it drops to about 50%. Horrible when out in the field. My local IT guy looked at and he couldn't figure it out. i assume it was a box someone at corp forgot to check when they ordered up the OS for the Elitebook 8470p's. I am savvy enough to know there has to be a way to fix, just not savvy enough to figure it out on my own. Any insight would be appreciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation