Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
AMD Radeon HD 6570 (TransAM)
Windows 7

My original system has been connected to a HP 2310e monitor using the DVI port on my video adapter (AMD Radeon HD 6570 (TransAM) ).  I found a HP W2371d monitor to use as a second screen, purchased a HDMI cable that I planned to use on 2310e and then use the DVI port on the w2371d.  I can not get the 2310e to detect the HDMI signal from the graphics card.  Question one is will this card handle dual monitors?  Second, is my assumption correct that I'm ok to go DVI to DVI on the W2371d monitior and HDMI to HDMI on 2310e monitior?  Third if one and two is OK, the am I missing a setting or do I need a driver update?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry about not getting back sooner - family event

I tried the methods described in the attachment that you gave me.  It looked like it was going to work for a second.  Shut computer off, attached both monitors, turned computer on and got the window starting screen on both monitors, then both went black.  Sat waiting for a couple of minutes to see the login screen - nothing.  Unpluged the monitor with the HDMI cable and monitor with the DVI cable woke up for me to login.  Plugged the HDMI cable back in and the DVI connect monitor goes black and the HDMI came alive.  Went to Catalyst control center and created an Eyefinity Display group and followed instructions and now have both monitors working.  Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

TJ52, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Sorry about the lack of info.

Computer:  H8-1070t Intel (Chicago) - Intel Core i72600 quad-core processor - 8gb PC3-10600 Memory (2x4gb)

Hard Drive:  1.5tb 7200 rpm SATA

Power Supply:  460w uATX PFC PSU (Bordeaux-C)

Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Graphics Card:  AMD Radeon HD 6570 1gb (transAM)

Other Info:

Integrated sound - Beats Audio

HP Wireless NIC 802.11 b/g/n mini Card 1x1 (Flaming

HP Wireless Kit Opal Beats/NEIara/Dongle (OpalBeat

Blackbeard HPE 2x USB3.0 Top I/O + 4x USB2.0 Front

HP Blu-Ray Combo 1st Drive

No TV Tuner

Original Monitor:

HP 2310e LCD (liquid crystal display) monitors have an active matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT) screen with a white LED backlight

Maximum graphics resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, plus full-screen support for lower resolutions

DisplayPort digital input signal

DVI digital input signal with single-link DVI-D to DVI-D cable provided

High-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) signal input

Plug and Play capability

Quick View settings display

HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) on DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort input

New 2nd Monitor:

HP W2371d LCD (liquid crystal display) monitors have an active matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT) screen

Maximum graphics resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz Plus full-screen support for lower resolutions

VGA analog signal

DVI digital signal

Plug and Play capability

On-Screen Display (OSD)

HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) on DVI input

HP Recommended

No, problem.  Thank you for the additional information.

From what I can tell from reviewing the specs, there is no reason why the two monitors shouldn't work with the video card.  Here is a guide that will help you connect both monitors to the video card.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Sorry about not getting back sooner - family event

I tried the methods described in the attachment that you gave me.  It looked like it was going to work for a second.  Shut computer off, attached both monitors, turned computer on and got the window starting screen on both monitors, then both went black.  Sat waiting for a couple of minutes to see the login screen - nothing.  Unpluged the monitor with the HDMI cable and monitor with the DVI cable woke up for me to login.  Plugged the HDMI cable back in and the DVI connect monitor goes black and the HDMI came alive.  Went to Catalyst control center and created an Eyefinity Display group and followed instructions and now have both monitors working.  Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.