cannot record on media centre windows 7 (126 Views)
Honor Student
sotomoto
Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)

cannot record on media centre windows 7

I have a hp pavillion six month old top of the line computer. It was the most user friendly tv recorder Ive ever used. But lo, we had to go digital with our cable company to receive all the channels,and now it does not record.     So, after having to purchase a digital box from them,plus all the set-up inconvienence, I cant record.    What did I do wrong to deserve this digital nightmare? Its the only thing I use the media centre for, and as I say,recording had never been easier.

Has anyone else encountered this? Surely, if we are truely progressing,this sort of thing should not happen.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: cannot record on media centre windows 7

Hi,

Have you checked the copy protection rules from them. Please check this first and look at the hardware later.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
sotomoto
Message 3 of 3 (90 Views)

Re: cannot record on media centre windows 7

Thank you for your response. You may very well be on the right track. But, in my opinion ,the openess,  the honest reply to a question asked, would prevent me from now asking the cable company. After 22 years with them, I feel my best route is to cancel them out.

I have been sold something I did not want in the first place, and lost what I treasured most of all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation