Question

Student
olderguy
Message 1 of 5 (4,850 Views)

connecting HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n Desktop PC to HDTV?

Is it possible to connect a HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n Desktop PC to an LCD HDTv?  If so, how to do it?   I am running Vista and am using a  NVIDIA GE Force 6150 LE video card. 
Top Student
Bob_in_HP_sales
Message 2 of 5 (4,825 Views)

Re: connecting HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n Desktop PC to HDTV?

You have the 6150 LE graphics card. It does not have a DVI or HDMI output to interface with a TV only a VGA connection. The only port you have is the s-video port on your computer. If the TV has an s-video connection then you can connect to that TV (video only, no sound on that cable). If the TV does not have an s-video port you can't connect to it.
Tutor
CdnGeo
Message 3 of 5 (4,798 Views)

If your HDTV has a VGA connection which most do, you can connect usig a VGA just like you would a regular LCD display. Windows will automatically use the default display drivers and treat your HDTV as plug and play.  I used to connect my old compaq pc that only had VGA connection; no s-video to my HDTV via VGA and it worked perfectly. Before I bought an HDMI cable, I hooked up my new Pavillion s3530f which has DVI, HDMI and S-Video to my HDTV using DVI-VGA converter and a VGA cable to my HDTV and still worked perfectly. My old compaq has legacy onboard graphics card with only 1 VGA port but my new pavillion has nvidia 9500GS graphics but the onboard is nvidia 6150SE. Both pcs worked well using the VGA connection and were plug and play.
Student
cristianwar
Message 4 of 5 (2,114 Views)

hey my TV has s-video and my computer too i only need to connect?

Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 5 of 5 (2,105 Views)

>hey my TV has s-video and my computer too i only need to connect?
When the s-video at your computer is on the graphics card, then yes, of course!

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation