Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ddc/ci on off pops up on screen in a little box and won't go away. Then the screen changes from normal to movie to internet modes and the little box says f-engine demo.  The monitor menu buttons and forteManager won't work when this happens.  It happened last December, but suddenly stopped.  Now it's doing it again and it's at random times.  I use a DVI cable to connect monitor.  It does the same thing with VGA cable.  HP Pavilion p6230y desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium. LG Flatron W2361VG monitor.  ATI Radeon HD 4200 chipset graphics.  I've tried updating monitor driver at LG.  I've tried updating graphics card two times at AMD.  I've tried removing forteManager program.  LG suggests trying a different computer, but I don't have one.  Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Everything you describe is related to the functionality of the monitor.

Here is the usre guide: http://www.scribd.com/doc/36093288/Flatron-User-Manual

I didn't see anything in the OSD that you could turn off that would affect this. The only thing from the PC side that might help is to make sure the display res is set to 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz. Other than that, it looks like it has something to do with the monitor.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

I changed the display hertz from 59 to 60, but didn't help.  I tried another display driver download from LG, but didn't help.  I found out that locking the OSD buttons on side of monitor helps.  (Hold menu button in for 10 seconds).  The box still pops up, but the screen quit changing color and patterns.  Then I found a newer graphic card update at AMD.  It seems they have a new update almost every month.  I tried the 11.3 suite version for Windows 7 64-bit version.  Of course, I uninstalled my 32-bit version 10.12 first.  It comes with an improved Catalyst center.  The box still pops up, but not as frequently. 

HP Recommended

LG's suggestion about trying a different computer might not be all that far off. Try connecting it to another monitor or TV that has the same type of connection, temporarily, to see if it might have something to do with the video signal that the PC is sending out. My hunch is that the signal processing unit in the monitor hardware is getting flaky, but it might also be the video hardware on the PC as well.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Since the AMD graphics update, the box still pops up on screen every now and then.  It says OSD LOCKED.  At least the screen doesn't go into the demo mode and the forteManager works.  The only thing I could try is my mom's tv.  But I don't feel like dragging a 32" Sony from the bedroom to the kitchen.  The computer setup is just over a year old.  I doubt HP would warranty the p6230y.  LG might warranty the monitor.  I do have a DVI to HDMI cable I could try, since the monitor has an HDMI port.  One last question about the p6230y.  Is the graphics card replaceable?  Why is it called a PCI chipset?  Is it part of the motherboard or is it something I could replace?  Thanks for the help.  

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm wondering if you've ever resolved your problem. I'm having the exact same problem you are with my PC and LGW2361VG-PF and desparately need some help.

I've already tried updating my video card (GTX 46) driver and monitor driver but that did not help. I've explored any software that may be causing this but to no avail. I'm beginning to suspect it's hardware or cabling issue but it doesn't seem likely?

HP Recommended

It was a bad LG monitor.  I've read of other brands doing the same thing.  LG has this thing called an F-engine 

and that seems to be the key to failure.  LG sent me a new monitor because of 3 year warranty.  I should have 

written back sooner, but I wanted to make sure this monitor was working okay.  The graphics card updates  

didn't do anything for me.   Basically, just try a different cable then replace the monitor.             Sincerely, S      

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.