Question

Honor Student
abyjohn1975
Message 1 of 3 (522 Views)

display has gone small

Hi,

Hi have got a HP pavilion desktop ,model a1128uk.The  system crashed couple of weeks ago and I managed to get the full system recovery disc from Hp.I have done a full system recovery and the system is working fine.The problem is after the full system recovery the display has gone small,means  the 17"TFT screen displays come up only about 10".Not only that the icons has gone very big.I have tryed to minimize the size of the icons through propertys-setting- change reselution.But the page is too big which is not fitting on my small display,bcoz of that  the bottom part  comes with apply or   save is not there.so baisically i cany do any thing.

any body got any ideas,please respond to this.

lookig forward for a positive reply.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

Re: display has gone small

Try changing the resolution in the monitor if available.  If not, do a factory reset via the monitor's menu.

What HP monitor are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
abyjohn1975
Message 3 of 3 (502 Views)

Re: display has gone small

thx for your reply.i have tryed the menu on the screen the  screen has gone slightly bigger.but the display i cant change bcoz the display isvery big.so half of the page in the setting page is missing.so i cant bring the4 size of the windows down atall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation