Question

Honor Student
megadesk
Message 1 of 18 (8,317 Views)

how do I fix my computer? says no video signal and does no detect keyboard or mouse...

screen went blank while playing a game. Now when I start it fans work and it seems to be booting up, but screen says no video signal and keyboard and mouse are not being detected. I've been through 4 books on how to repair and hours of troubleshooting.

Honor Student
megadesk
Message 2 of 18 (8,315 Views)

Re: how do I fix my computer? says no video signal and does no detect keyboard or mouse...

My computer is a pavilion a4316f-b

Teacher
Andrew_P
Message 3 of 18 (8,272 Views)

Re: how do I fix my computer? says no video signal and does no detect keyboard or mouse...

Shut down the computer , and disconnect all the cables from back panel of the computer , and open side panel , Reseat the RAM cards , and clean up the dust by blower or with soft brush if there are any...

After that just connect keyboard , mouse monitor and power cable on the PC and power it ON the computer and if you still get NO video signal let me know,,,

*** Click on Kudos sin on left to say thanks....

Honor Student
winston411
Message 4 of 18 (8,197 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have removed ram cards, cleaned out the dust, installed all and still have the problem. What next? It is important to repair as I cannot get to my files. Please advise.

Pavilion Elite m9517c

Product FQ574AA

winston

[Personal Information Removed]

Teacher
Andrew_P
Message 5 of 18 (8,178 Views)

Sorry for late reply ,,

Please take out the RAM cards , and unplug all cables from the back of PC , just plug the power cable and power on the computer , and then check if you get beep sound from motherboard or not. If no beep is there ,  then there is issue with motherboard or Power supply . .   Let me know what you get ,.

Click on the Kudos sign if it helps you ..

Honor Student
winston411
Message 6 of 18 (8,137 Views)

I have already traveled my 60mi. to take the computer to the shop. I own four HP computers and am very upset on their response. I still have some of my old emails to HP and actually got a response to include the proper steps to repair my error. When I get it back I will write again and tell you the outcome. Winston411

Honor Student
robertdoods
Message 7 of 18 (7,665 Views)

hi , as i turn on  my desktop it says    "no signal.then says "monitor going to sleep"

Honor Student
robertdoods
Message 8 of 18 (7,664 Views)

i remove ram cards one by one and no beep
Honor Student
robertdoods
Message 9 of 18 (7,663 Views)

no beep when i remove ram cards
Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 10 of 18 (7,651 Views)

Hi robertdoods,

why don't you open your own thread and offer all informations of your hardware and what you have tried till now?
Also did it work before?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation