Question

Honor Student
enzo12345
Message 1 of 3 (8,626 Views)

hp compaq dx2000 MT: lots of problems in windows 7

I cannot find drivers video and audio for my pc in object in windows 7. The official hp site doesn't list any driver for this o.s., how can I do?

Actually, there is only a generic video driver, and it doesn't let me option of 1680 x 1050, that is my monitor resolution.

For audio, there is not any audio driver.

Who can help me?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (8,624 Views)

Re: hp compaq dx2000 MT: lots of problems in windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Your PC's video is not windows Vista or Windows 7 capable.

This is what you need to do to get your graphics acceleration and resolution to work, but you will not have Aero.

See this post below and look at PhilBene's post on the second page of the thread shaded in green. Use the link to the driver he posted. It is the last link he posted

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems/Win-7-Support-for-Intel-865G-Graphics-HP-D530...

Create a new folder in your Downloads folder under your user profile (Call it Display Driver or something).

Download, save, and unzip the driver from the link above to the new folder you created (Display Driver). It should automatically be saved to that folder

Then, click on the VGA controller in the device manager. Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver. Select the "Browse my computer for software" method, and browse to the extracted driver folder you created. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and hopefully the driver will load.

Audio:

See if this audio driver for vista works.  If not, be connnected to the internet. Click on your multimedia audio controller in the device manager. Click on the driver tab, click on update driver and this time select the automatic search and hopefully a driver will be downloaded from Windows Update.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

Paul

Honor Student
enzo12345
Message 3 of 3 (8,610 Views)

Re: hp compaq dx2000 MT: lots of problems in windows 7

I try, manythanks in the meanwhile.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation