Question

Tutor
nightfox2405
Message 1 of 3 (6,682 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp compaq dx6120 mt

asalamaliekum.

i recently reformatted my desktop dx6120. i change the os to windows 7 enterprise.

the problem is that i cannot find any display driver compatible for W7E.

Please help me if any of guys have an idea of fixing my problem.

thank you in advance.

Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 2 of 3 (6,674 Views)

Re: hp compaq dx6120 mt

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 3 (6,668 Views)

Re: hp compaq dx6120 mt

[ Edited ]

Hi:

As was posted above, the Intel GMA-900 video adapter is not completely Windows 7 capable.

However, here is a litle secret I will share with you...you should be able to use this notebook driver to work without doing much of anything special.

Unfortunately, it only works for 32 bit operating systems. I know the drivers says 64 bit too but it doesn't work.

So, if you installed W7 Enterprise 32 bit, here is what you need to do...

Download this file:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-472...

Run the file and it will give you an error--Operating System Not Supported, I believe.

Close out of that, and click on your standard VGA adapter in the device manager. Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver. Select the "Browse my computer for software" method, and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp34749.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Now you should be able to change your screen resolution and you should have graphics acceleration.

Aero will never be available as the GMA-900 does not meet all the specs for Aero.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation