hp pavilion shows no input signal? (115 Views)
Student
confusedHPowner
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

hp pavilion shows no input signal?

I have a Hp pavilion p6208f that came with 6GB RAM and 500GB Hard drive. It's about two years old and has both windows 7 and Ubuntu on it. Anyway the problem I've been having is when i turn on the computer it shows no input signal on the monitor. I use a VGA cord and nothing is wrong with it because I plugged it up to my laptop and the laptop info shows on the pc monitor. It had the same issue about two months ago so I bought a new video card ( a Nvidia Geforce210) and all worked well until a few days ago. A few days ago the pc started acting up again and displaying the no input message. After messing  with the video card and jiggling it around I got it to work two nights but last night nothing worked. 

Heres the things I've already tried from looking at other posts:

Did a hard restart. (unplugged power cord and held power button a little over a minute)

Took out video card and hard drive, and put them back in.

jiggled the video card around plenty in case it was just getting a bad connection

Hooked up VGA cord to laptop to make sure that wasn't the problem

Clean out the fans (the fans and everything work just fine still)

Turned the monitor off and on to make see if showed VGA active

The only thing i did not do was try a DVI cord plugged into it because I do not have one right now. 

Anyone have or had the same problem? I'm hoping the video part of the motherboard is not going out, but could that be what's happening?

Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: hp pavilion shows no input signal?

>I'm hoping the video part of the motherboard is not going out
Try the onboard graphic - so you can check it very easily.

Take out the additional card for this - graphics driver are nvidia?
If the vga port is covered, just uncover it - without graphics card you should get a video signal from the internal gpu port.

If you see no bios and nothing - is the pc reacting like he's booting up?
If no, then you have a problem with the internal gpu or maybe also with the memory.
Have you tried to use only one RAM?
Have you already re-seated them?

Btw.:
>I bought a new video card ( a Nvidia Geforce210)
I don't think that the 210 will be much better than your internal one.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation