Question

Honor Student
pasbang
Message 1 of 5 (5,017 Views)

monitor going to sleep and no input signal.

when i turned on my desktop (hp pavillion a6683w) runs normal but the monitor (hp w1907) goes to sleep and VGA/DVI no input signal. When i try to connect the monitor to my netbook it works fine and the VGA input goes to active. the only problem is when i connect the monitor cable to the computer then the monitor going to sleep. any help pls...

Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 2 of 5 (5,010 Views)

Re: monitor going to sleep and no input signal.

Hi,

do you use your pc:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01581193&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3817780
without any changes/additional cards?

You connect it with vga/vga?

Is any monitor working at the pc?
>when i turned on my desktop (hp pavillion a6683w) runs normal
How do you know that?

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Honor Student
pasbang
Message 3 of 5 (4,943 Views)

Nothing changes/additional cards, yes vga/ vga and I dnt have extra monitor to try my computer. Runs normal same as before when I'm using it when the monitor not going to sleep. psu running, cpu fan,power button color blue and the green light at the back of the computer solid green. I'm sorry I don't have any experience when it comes to troubleshoot the computer, I just tell you what I saw on my computer. Thanks.
Associate Professor
vnyga
Message 4 of 5 (4,934 Views)

Do you see anything before monitor goes to sleep?
You could try to boot to safe mode, but if you see nothing, then you should ask a friend if you can test another monitor and cable.
A monitor going to sleep normally means that the monitor is working, but the signal to him is not ok.
So you have to test the signal from pc (with another monitor).

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Honor Student
pasbang
Message 5 of 5 (4,928 Views)

Additional info: my wife told me before the monitor goes to sleep there is some message on the screen and then she just press enter w/out reading it. Ok thanks i'll get back to you when I borrowed monitor from my friends.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation