Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After moving my monitor several times, to view movies, I find I can't power it down.  It's a 2009m

When I hit the power button, I get a message, "Power Button Lockout"  -- and nothing happens.

I have to unplug it to get it to power down!

Apparently I pressed some combination of buttons on the monitor, that set this lockout.

but I can't find any directions, for resetting it.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Earl,

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-30 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up. If that doesn’t work then go into the monitor’s menu and do a factory reset.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Earl,

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-30 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up. If that doesn’t work then go into the monitor’s menu and do a factory reset.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

OSD Lock-out —

The OSD can be enabled or disabled by pressing and holding the Menu buttonOSD Lock-out appears for 10 seconds.

The OSD can be enabled or disabled by pressing and holding the Menu button on the front

panel for 10 seconds. If the OSD is locked, the warning message

If the OSD is locked, press and hold the Menu button for 10 seconds to unlock the OSD.

If the OSD is unlocked, press and hold the Menu button for 10 seconds to lock the OSD.

LINK To owners book  h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01725831.pdf

hope this helps

"ON YOUR FEET OR ON YOUR KNEES"
HP Recommended

That worked fine! 

I held the power button for about 30 seconds, and it unlocked!

Thanks.

Earl Arnold

HP Recommended

None of these worked. I got it to turn off with the 10 second method, but when I turn it back on the it's the same retarded "Power Button Lock Out" When I press the menu buttton when "Power lock Out" is on, It does nothing. When it is not on, and I press the Menu button, the monitor TURNS OFF. Look, I hope someone can help me, but I am NEVER. Ever. Buying any HP monitors AGAIN. I have tried EVERY thing! I will have to buy an ASUS monitor.

HP Recommended

my Monitor will not turn off

HP Recommended

This one worked for me....

While the monitor was on (and plugged in), I held the power button depressed for ten seconds.

The monitor turned off.

I turned the monitor on and it worked fine.

I was then able to turn off the monitor off without any lockout problems and turn it on again.

Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.