qwho
Message 1 of 10 (26,461 Views)

no input signal vga or dvi

Yesterday my monitor suddenly would not stay on, it would not respond, it would

just flash the message vga no signal output and div no signal output

when I restart the computer (it happened again today) then the problem is gone

I went into personalize, display settings, adapter (nvidia geforce 7350 le 

properties, driver and it said I had the correct driver

does this happening mean that my pc or video card need to be replaced soon?

It is 3 year old, HP M8120N

of course I can do nothing but manually shut down the pc when this happens

and the only outlet I have is my iphone to get answers if rebooting does not

work ... I take it the monitor is fine, it is either the graphic card or the pc?

I have been hearing off and on the fan running quite a bit, does that have anything to do

with it?

I do have my tv set set up as a 2nd monitor (s video), but that works pefectly and I don't

think it has anything to do with it

Top Student
qwho
Message 2 of 10 (26,452 Views)

Re: no input signal vga or dvi

Spoiler
help, please! It happened again this morning, restart and monitor works again
Spoiler
going to back up stuff when I get home if I still can just in case
Spoiler
is the graphic card or pc failing?
Top Student
qwho
Message 3 of 10 (26,440 Views)

please someone?????

Student
flyeagledove
Message 4 of 10 (26,424 Views)

Over the past month or so, my daughter's HP w2210H LCD monitor behaved  the same way.  Eventually it would not work at all, in that the no signal message would be displayed upon boot.   After checking out the troubleshooting support info on the HP site, I hooked the w2210H to a Dell Latitude Laptop and a Compaq desktop.  I got the same monitor message of no signal in both cases, so this eliminates a problem with the driver or the videocard in the Mac Mini computer.  Also, the small, temporary replacement monitor works fine with the Mac Mini.    Thus, I am afraid it is time for a new monitor. I  am checking out a new LED monitor.  The cost of repair, if it is even possible, may exceed or equal replacement with a new monitor that  saves energy, and has better image quality.  I've been reading up on LED's vs. LCD's and these are the major differences between the two.  She spends many hours doing graphic design, so it makes sense to upgrade.  Her monitor was about 3 years old also.  It  does seem like they should have a longer lifespan than this

Good luck with your monitor.  Curious to know if yours was repairable.  It seems like we are forced to junk too many items these days due to high repair cost and the fact that a new replacement will do a better job and save energy.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 5 of 10 (26,411 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi qwho,

It's possible that the video card is over heating and shutting down.  Try the below procedure and see if that makes a difference.

Unplug the PC and open it up. Clean out all the dust. Carefully remove and replace all the cables going to the motherboard one at a time. Do the same for the memory dimms and the video, TV tuner and sound cards if you have any.  You might want to buy a can of compressed air to blow the dust out of the CPU heat sink and fan on the video card..  Plug your PC back in and give it a go.

Leave the side off the PC and then monitor and see what happens.

You should also try the monitor and cable on another PC to make sure that these components are good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Student
Tavo_2014
Message 6 of 10 (26,095 Views)

I know its been a long time since the last post, but I've had troubles with this, my desktop which I bought in 2007. Hopefully this works!
Tutor
yoblack
Message 7 of 10 (26,032 Views)

I bought a HP monitor recently and am having the EXACT same problems as the original poster. IMO the product is faulty.
Tutor
jslidat
Message 8 of 10 (25,807 Views)

I am having the same problem! I have a HP Pavillion 8380 I have reseated the video card, DVI connection, still same prob. I tried my w1907 monitor with another HP tower on the VGA side and monitor worked. The onboard VGA on the 8330 is  probably disabled, not sure because I tried it and still no signal. I removed the video card from the 8330 and inserted it in  another HP tower before I realized that there is no connection on the mother board for the GEFORCE 9300 card to be plugged in, so I removed the card. I normaled up my other hp tower and hooked up the w1907 monitor, guess what? Now I get no input signal from this other tower! Even on the original monitor that was working with this other HP tower I have! I'm starting to think it is a virus that got thru the Norton 360 I have!   

Tutor
jslidat
Message 9 of 10 (25,724 Views)

OK, I think I have resolved my monitor problem. When I treid my HP Pavillion, the monitor come on for a brief second then along with the hard drive shut down.....so I replaced the computer's power supply. Now everything seems to be working normally. And yes I did the diagnostic with PC doctor and all is normal!. Hope this helps someone.

It still doesn't explain how putting the GEFORCE 9300 video card caused the same problem with my other tower tho. I am looking into it.

Honor Student
Kowhai18
Message 10 of 10 (22,784 Views)

Monitor is HP1740 connected to Compaq Evo D510 I have had the same issue and found my power save settings had somehow changed from never to sleep after a fixed time.  Also an intermittent fault in monitor on/off switch.  Check these & possibly solve your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation