Question

Honor Student
arathra
Message 1 of 6 (371 Views)

no signal for second monitor

I have a Pavilion Elite HPE 340 CH. It has a BENQ monitor which is plugged in via an adaptor and works fine.

I tried to add a second monitor. I unscrewed the small plate and plugged the second monitor into the socket but there's no signal. I tried swapping the two monitors and it is just the second socket which is not ouputting any thing.

Can you help?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 6 (368 Views)

Re: no signal for second monitor

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion Elite HPE-340ch Desktop Computer and its MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) Motherboard. According to the specs, the system came with a discrete Radeon HD5570 (2 GB) graphics card thats supports HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort (DVI-to-VGA adapter cable) outputs. The motherboard in your computer has an integrated graphics adapter that supports DVI-D and VGA outputs, however they are blanked off and unusable because of the installed discrete graphics card. These integrated outputs are located between the sound jacks and USB/networking jacks on the back of your computer and are non-functional. Please replace the blanking which you have removed and use the outputs from the discrete graphics card.

Please provide the make and model of both monitors, so that we can determine what is needed to make yuor configuration work for you.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
arathra
Message 3 of 6 (363 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

The main monitor is a BENQ G2420HD which I have through an adaptor to the PC.

The second monitor I'd like to use is an LG Flatron L1919S.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 6 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here are the specs for the BENQ G2420HD Monitor. According to the specs, it has 1 x VGA 15pin D-Sub, 1 x DVI, and 1 x HDMI.

Here is a support page for the LG Flatron L1919S, showing to different versions. According to specs I have found for both, they only have a VGA 15pin D-Sub input.

Based on your computer having 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI, and 1 x DisplayPort... I would connect the computer's DVI output to the LG L1919S using a DVI-to-VGA cable or adapter... and I would connect the computer's HDMI to the BENQ G2420HD using a HDMI cable.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
arathra
Message 5 of 6 (329 Views)

Thanks, I will try and let you know.

Honor Student
arathra
Message 6 of 6 (121 Views)

Well I finally got around to getting and HDMI cable.

Plugged it into the PC and the monitor and... the monitor doesn't work. It shows a message telling me the cable is not plugged in.

Do I have to activate the HDMI somehow?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation