Question

Honor Student
hartlenb
Message 1 of 10 (3,128 Views)

w1907 flashes on then stays off

Monitor is 14 months old (or 2 months past warranty expiration)

whenever is receives a new signal (from power on of monitor or reseating cable) it displays properly for 2 -3 seconds then goes dark. 

symptom is same for multiple PCs/laptops, DVI or VGA connections, cables.

Any suggestions -> short of time to buy a new monitor

Thanks in advance

Tutor
Boondally
Message 2 of 10 (3,095 Views)

Re: w1907 flashes on then stays off

I have the same monitor and problem. I troubleshot it and the monitor is bad. You could fix it, but I'm just going to buy a new one, since I don't want to solder and clip transistors or conductors.

Honor Student
hartlenb
Message 3 of 10 (3,078 Views)

I assumed as much and have also ordered another monitor (not an HP).  I'll take the old one apart and see if I can find some loose wires...  Otherwise into the trash.  Shame.

Honor Student
johnmcgivern
Message 4 of 10 (2,984 Views)

Hi, I had the same problem after about 14mths then went dead been trying for about 6mths to get circuit diagram as the fuse blew and also a smt resistor. I was unable to read the numbers on the resistor this is why I wanted a circuit but have had no response at all from HP.

They should stick to making brown sauce as their monitors are s---.

UK unsatisfied customer.

Student
mkesler18
Message 5 of 10 (2,958 Views)

My w1907 HP monitor is was 13 months and 3 days old when it first had the problem.  Comes on for 2 seconds and then goes blank.  So what I'm reading here is that it's a crappy monitor and there's nothing that can be done about it?  Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

Shoulda bought a MAC

Student
blue_cup
Message 6 of 10 (2,924 Views)

hi

i am having a 'flashing' problem with my w1907v monitor as well.

i keep getting a message on the screen that says 'auto adjustment in progress'. the screen goes back and a white box appears with the message in the middle of the screen.

the message appears every few seconds.

it is very annoying.

can anyone help on how to fix this please?

thank you.

Student
roberto1013
Message 7 of 10 (2,770 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey guys !!! Are you willing to sell parts of your damage monitors ????

[text removed for privacy]

Student
davman1961
Message 8 of 10 (2,612 Views)

The following steps work for LCD based laptops as well as standalone LCD monitors (like the W1907 discussed here.)

Based on the problem description:

Computer comes on and then after some period of time, monitor seems to "black out" though is still on.

Typically if you power off the monitor (NOT the computer) and power it back on, you get your screen for a short period of time.

Verification steps:

With the computer on and display "blacked out" as described above, in a dark area, shine a strong flashlight into the screen (usually best at a sharp angle from the top or bottom). 

If you can then "see" what should be on your computer screen but it is very dull, your monitors "voltage inverter" is gone.  Its much like a starter or ballast in a traditional flourescent light fixture.  They are easily replaced in laptops but I am just researching this now, as I ALSO have an HP W1907 whose warranty expired 6/1/2010 with the EXACT problem above.  I usually get my inverters on ebay for laptops but have had no success finding one for this unit there.  If I find any more info, I will post it here!

Top Student
WebTechGlobal
Message 9 of 10 (2,365 Views)

I started a thread on my own forum because there is a lot of discussion about this. It is out of order and I don't doubt for a second that HP knows the length of life of the components in their monitors. All of these things are tested and your talking about components used for years. They know the score by now.

http://forum.webtechglobal.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=145

Student
mamajane
Message 10 of 10 (1,321 Views)

myHP w1907 monitor keeps flashing auto adjustment in progress?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation