Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
w2207 22" Monitor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have (2) w2207h monitors, now one of them will come on for a few seconds, then shuts off.  If I turn it off and on, it will come back on, then right back off after a few seconds.  While it is on, the screen looks good.

I have re-booted multiple times (computers and monitor).

I have tried with the standard cable, as well as with HDMI cable with same result.

I have tried this on 2 different computers, one brand new, with same result.

I have tried both as a single monitor only, and as one of 2 monitors, with same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DBarker58,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your monitor will power off only a few seconds after you power it on, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If the monitor still powers off after a few seconds, please contact our technical support for further assistance in this matter by clicking the link below to get the support number for your region.

www.hp.com/contacthp/

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @DBarker58,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your monitor will power off only a few seconds after you power it on, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If the monitor still powers off after a few seconds, please contact our technical support for further assistance in this matter by clicking the link below to get the support number for your region.

www.hp.com/contacthp/

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.