Question

Honor Student
owner2970
Message 1 of 5 (88 Views)
Accepted Solution

which cable adapter I need to conet my elite monitor HP 21.5 to my desktop

I bought HP elite to upgrade my monitor but I didn't know that need a dp conection, so I bought a addapter

but also don't work. it is any way that I can conect the monitor.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (87 Views)

Re: which cable adapter I need to conet my elite monitor HP 21.5 to my desktop

Hi,

We need more information: what is the model of the monitor and where do you want to connect to ? To a computer ? What is it. The monitor should have few cables in its box.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
owner2970
Message 3 of 5 (81 Views)

well the desktop is a HP Pavilion P7-1414 and the monitor is a HP elite ultra slim 2201 x 21.5 LED witch only came with a DP connection and the computer don't have that connection so I bought a adapter from DP to DVI.

but I read on hp support that that monitor can't support that adapter so my question is if is other type off adapter that I can use

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (70 Views)

Hi,

DVI to DP should work because they use digital signals. But, well, you may need the HP one:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=3769765

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 5 of 5 (69 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop Computer and here are the specs for your HP Elite L2201x 21.5-inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor. Based on this information, the monitor only has a DisplayPort input and your computer only has a VGA and DVI output. You cannot drive a DP monitor with anything but a DP capable graphics card. There is no adapter that will solve your issue. You will need to purchase and install a DP capable graphics card to use this monitor. Please see the DisplayPort.org website and this FAQ for more information about your issue;

Q: I just purchased a monitor that only has a DisplayPort connection. How can I hook this up to my computer that only has VGA, DVI or HDMI?
 A: There is not a cost effective way to do this. The adaptors that are available only work from a DP computer to a VGA, DVI or HDMI monitor and not the other way around. If you have a desktop you can purchase a graphics card with DisplayPort. Our best advice: Before you purchase a DP only monitor make sure you have DP on your computer.

Pleae send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation