Question

Honor Student
Yehouda
Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)

z30i - does it make _any_ noise?

I am looking for a totallly (or as close aspossible) monitor with width 2560 and prferably 30" and 1600 high, so the z30i is an option. But I want a quiet monitor. So my question is:

Does the z30i make _any_ noise?

If it does, what kind of noise, and if known what cuases it?

BTW: I have sent this question to HP technical support from the web site and it was aknowledged 5 days ago, but haven't got any reply yet. Is this typical? 

Thanks,

Yehouda Harpaz

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (67 Views)

Re: z30i - does it make _any_ noise?

Hello Yehouda.

Welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are wondering if the HP Z30i monitor produces noise. I will try my best to provide information on this.

I have personally worked on this monitor in the past, and others I know have as well. This monitor does not making any more noise than your average monitor. The monitors can produce noise sometimes are those with things like built-in speakers, or fans (for example).

Now, as an accessory, you can purchase with this monitor an LCD Speaker Bar. This might make a little extra noise if not taken care of. More information about this can be found in this monitor's quick specification page: HP Z30i 30-inch IPS Display

I hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Yehouda
Message 3 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: z30i - does it make _any_ noise?

That is absolutely useless reply.

I am not interested in sales blurb, I want answers to the questions I asked,
from somebody that actually knows.

In particular, I don't want comparisons to other monitors, and I
don't want guesses.

These are the original questions:

Does the z30i make _any_ noise?
If it does, what kind of noise, and if known what causes it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation