Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY PHEONIX 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can use speakers but whenever i try to use headphones they dont work.This  starterd happening when i installed windows 10. 
[personal information removed]
Product no.H5P88AA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the W10 IDT audio driver resolves the problem.  I don't know if it will, but if it doesn't, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions to offer.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@HATHAT, welcome to the forum.

You should go into the Control Panel / Sound and check to assure that your headphones are set to Default.  This is a very common problem with Win 10 upgrades.  Also, you should run Windows and HP Updates to assure that your software and drivers are up to date.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I cant update my audio driver CODEC,because a device attached to the system is not working

HP Recommended

I do not have the headphones option only :Speakers ,Digital Audio,Nvidia output 1,2 and 3.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @HATHAT.

The next thing to try is, go into Device Manager (Right click on Start in the lower left Taskbar) / select (with your headphones plugged in) Audio input and output / right click on the entries and select Update Driver Software.

Win 10 Start.PNGStart

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the W10 IDT audio driver resolves the problem.  I don't know if it will, but if it doesn't, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions to offer.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

It Ok problème audio résolve by Install audiodriver.  the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.