Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP1730N
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Yes this is an old computer but I need something that runs Win 7. Anyway I replaced the old HP keyboard with a new HP keyboard and then got a “Volume” popup that indicates that it is a volume control. I have provided a screen shot at: goo.gl/05QNcb so you can see what it looks like.

The volume control isn’t real as the curser moves behind it and when I went to make a print screen image of it, the image didn’t show it, just the desktop without the pop up. I reattached the old keyboard, but that didn't help. I have looked at config sound and there is no unusual option there. I have rebooted and hard rebooted to no avail.

I haven’t been able to find anything in search on the internet that is the same issue, so am hoping that someone here has had the same issue and can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andy51, welcome to the forum.

You should go into the Device Manager / Keyboards /right click on your keyboard / select Update Driver Software / Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will find it and install it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Andy51, welcome to the forum.

You should go into the Device Manager / Keyboards /right click on your keyboard / select Update Driver Software / Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will find it and install it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I solved the problem. I reinsatlled the software that came with the monitor and the issue dispeared.

HP Recommended

I just had it happen again almost a year later, for no reason I can see. Anyway, if you have the same problem, be sure to uninstall the Acer monitor software then do a hard shutdown, then reinstall the software. Like me, you might have to do a refresh of the desktop to make that pesky volume control image disappear.

PS I did change out my old HP with win7 to a newer model also with win7, but that was quite a while ago, so am mystified why it happened again.

HP Recommended

@Andy51

Welcome back to HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the blue Volume popup on the desktop screen is stuck,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did these steps (Click here) or the ones you've mentioned worked for you?

Or do you still have any issues related to this?

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Eager to help!

Keep me posted,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a PC runing Window 10 and suddenly Audio popup with blue boarder popup showed up and won’t go away. I tried restart and shut down to no avail. Please advise.

Thank you.4E9BA7D7-84F2-498B-AEE8-E66F63DDE400.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hello I have the same problem did you fix yours because I still need help

HP Recommended

@h9-1550

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.