Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1254
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm trying to get my bluetooth headphones to work, and I'm having the most common "lack of driver" problem, but I can't find where to download the right driver 😕
I found other solutions here but I just links me to the generic "find your driver software!" page and doesn't tell me which one I need, which is not helpful and just stressing me out. Can someone just link me to the right driver and tell me how to get it to work? Literally nothing I can find anywhere is helpful, and I spent 30$ on the **bleep** headphones so I didn't have to deal with a wire knocking my stuff off my desk.
Thanks or no thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@insmnious

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the Bluetooth headphones aren't being detected,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Are any other Bluetooth devices getting detected on your computer?

Did you check if this headphone works on another computer?

While you reply, here's a few things you should know:

According to the product specifications of your computer, Bluetooth is available and ready to connect on version 3.0: Click here for details

If none of the devices are connecting to Bluetooth, try the below steps:

Step 1: Ensure Bluetooth hardware is on your computer and enabled
Step 2: Turn on device discovery
Step 3: Update Bluetooth drivers
Step 4: Perform a Microsoft System Restore

For more details: Click here

If you have issues limited to your headphone: Click here (I know the article is for notebook, however, the steps are similar to a desktop and should work)

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
The device is connected, but won't work because of missing driver software, as i said originally.
HP Recommended

Those links are majorly the same ones I've looked at already, the same ones which never really told me what driver I need or truly linked me to it.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have an IT friend come over instead, because this has been the least helpful experience with any technology, ever. If you can't really be bothered to read through what I actually said and offer the help I actually wanted, not some I didn't ask for, I don't expect you to be competent enough to solve the issue I'm having.

HP Recommended

@insmnious

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.