Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay009dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a little box at the top left of my screen that says HP Audio Switch. and it wont go away. i cant click on it or right click it someone please help it is very annoying

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Trace46

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand HP Audio Switch Box popup isn't closing down,

Perhaps, you could add a screenshot of this message you are referring to so that I could help you in a better way?

Have you tried disabling it from the task manager > startup items?

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I wish I had been more patient: I merely uninstalled it.  Is that going to be a problem?

HP Recommended

@Paydirt123

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you've followed the steps mentioned in the previous post,

You've disabled the problematic program from startup items and need information about the same:

To let you know, you haven't uninstalled it, you've disabled the error message, which means the HP Audio switch box is still working in the background and every time it hits a roadblock it wouldn't bug you anymore, instead it would restart on its own and work as it should without any issues, so you have nothing to worry about.

That said, please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i am another who has the small white box that says "HP Audio Switch" at the top right corner of my screen.  It falls over the back button for my photos and i cannot go back to Collection because it covers the button.  I did what you said with the task manager but it is still there.  ?????

HP Recommended

I have the same "HP Audio Switch" box in the upper left corner of my screen.  It won't go away.  Please advise.

HP Recommended

hp audio switch problem.jpg

HP Recommended

@neyt

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you too see the HP Audio Switch Box message from the upper left corner of the screen. Thanks for sharing the image.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did you download any apps from the Windows store?
  • Since when are you seeing the message?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys and open the Windows Task Manager. 

• Please explore one by one under the Processes, Startup and Services tab and check if there is a mention of the HP Audio Switch box and if there is then right click and end it.

If there is no mention about the HP Audio Switch Box then open control panel>>programs>> uninstall a program. It will give a list of programs available. Please check if you can see HP Audio Switch and is yes then uninstall it.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I can't figure out how to get rid of it either. It's so disracting.

HP Recommended

I had this same problem on my HP Notebook with Windows 10, and disabling it from the Task Manager worked well. It still pops up everytime I boot up my PC though. Is there a way to keep my audio and not have it pop up everytime I boot up? Because it has gotten quite irritating to have to enter my Task Manager everytime I boot up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.