Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello All. I have a desk top HP ENVY 700-230 QU.  After Windows 10 forced itself, the beats audio disappear. I do have a sound but it is just generic. No settings to play with.

I have searched this forum and there are so many different instructions I am not sure which one is for my computer so I did not attempt to do it. In the device manager  under Sound, video and game controllers, the IDT High Defintion Audio CODEC  driver version is: 6.1064960 if that is of any help. I bought this system from HP brand new with Windows 8.1,  I am out of warranty and they (HP) guys do not want to talk to me, (so this would be my last HP).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Respectfully

MSK59

Sorry all I think I posted in the wrong section, My apologies.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver restores the Beats Audio.

Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thank You. I am installing it right now.

HP Recommended

OK I got my Beats Audio screen but now there is sound from speakers but nothing from headphone jack. My computer has a special headphone jacks.  Please help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have a fix for the headphone jack not working.

HP Recommended

OK thank you.

Any body else have a solution for me? If not, How do I uninstall Beats Audio to get back to my default Windows 10 driver.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to click on the Roll Back Driver for the IDT HD audio device in the device manager (under the sound, video, and game controllers device manager category.  Click on the driver tab for the device.

If it is grayed out, then try running the system restore utility and pick a restore point to a time before you installed the driver.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.