Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 500-314
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I have a HP Pavillion 500-314.  It runs on Windows 10.  My audio was working fine until I was forced to reset the computer after my computer went into a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop.  After I reset the computer, there was an "x" next to the little speaker icon in the lower right hand corner.  When I hover my mouse over the speaker icon, it says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in".  This is driving me crazy as the other posts regarding the IDT High Definition Audio have not worked.   I would greatly appreciate a speedy response.  Thank you for your time.

-Shayna Ghram-Kaiser

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since I don't know what other posts you read regarding this matter, what works for most forum members is to install the W8.1 IDT audio driver from your PC's support and driver page.

This package provides the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. - Provides the audio driver release for supported desktop models and operating systems.

File name: sp65946.exe

If you have already done that and it didn't resolve the problem, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since I don't know what other posts you read regarding this matter, what works for most forum members is to install the W8.1 IDT audio driver from your PC's support and driver page.

This package provides the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. - Provides the audio driver release for supported desktop models and operating systems.

File name: sp65946.exe

If you have already done that and it didn't resolve the problem, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Hey!  Thank you Paul!  That file worked! :generic:

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I have had this problem for weeks. Today, I decided to scour the installs that happened on my machine since I last crank tunes, June 2016. On July 24, 2016 an APPLE Itunes update installed four files:

ITunes

Icloud

Apple Application Support (64-bit)

Apple Application Support (32-bit)

In my head, I am thinking I have a 64 bit machine, wonder if having both 32 and 64 bit support is somehow causing a problem. I removed 32-bit support and immediately, my speakers started. Man, I can't tell you how many hours I spent figuring this out. I have seen this problem throughout many forums. One guy had added a new sound card and the problem followed. That confirmed for me it was likely an application problem. 

Let me know if it works for you. Let me know here, cause I won't be able to hear you, my speakers are cranked!

Enjoying it again. Rock on!

Brought to you by:

DonVanHalen

Green Bay, WI

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.