04-09-2017 11:46 AM
I've had no audio on this PC ever since I upgraded to windows 10. I was able to download the update driver at one time, but it woiuld lnot install, giving a code of 0x8007001f. I factory reset my PC and tried to download and install the update driver again and I get a message, system does not support this update, 9998. I need my audio. HELP PLEASE!
04-09-2017 11:55 AM
The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this IDT W10 desktop PC driver. Install and restart the PC.
This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.
File name: sp71717.exe
If that fails to work, you may be able to get basic sound by performing the following steps...
Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.
1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Select Driver tab.
3. Click the Update Driver button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.