Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Internal Speakers making buzzing sound

Product Name: HP Pavilion 23
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 23 All in One has the internal speakers and lately its been making loud buzzing sounds - sporaticaly.  Whether is a video, music anything it kind of pauses and makes a loud buzz.  I just purchased seperate speakers to use hoping that would fix it but it still does it.  The internal speakers are RealTech Hi Definition.  I've tried all differnt options and nothing helps.

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: Internal Speakers making buzzing sound

@moseyca, welcome to the forum.

If you have any electronic devices near your computer, such as, a phone (cell, etc.), radio, these can cause the buzzing that you describe.  Even some electric outlets can cause it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: Internal Speakers making buzzing sound

Thank you but that doesn't seem
To be the problem. It happens whether electronics are near by or not. I've had this computer for about 4 years now and never had a problem
Just started about a week ago. Any way to deactivate the internal speakers and just use separate speakers - would that work ? Or is there something wrong with the computer itself. Of course it's no longer in warranty.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation