Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-205DT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The speakers function but lack volume in some areas. The speakers and sound card  are HD  Audio Stero Integrated Sound DTS Audio.  I do not know the bit capacity but 24 is recommended.

Need recommendations for speakers, approximate cost

Plese advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're welcome. Happy to help.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi beachside423,

Can you give some examples of when the speakers work well and when they do not? Sometimes there are different sites or apps that provide a better audio signal than others. So if you are listening to audio while on the Internet and that's when the audio is lower, it could also be related to the download/buffering signal strength or just the quality of the sound file.

Active (with their own power source ) external speakers will generally give better audio quality overall. When it comes to what speakers would work best for you, it comes down to three main questions you'll need to answer for yourself first:

1) What audio experience do you want? For example, do you want loud, full digital surround sound for movies, or do you just want some basic audio that is louder than your integrated speakers?

2) How much are you willing to spend on speakers?

3) Do you need wired or wireless speakers?

There are lot of different speaker options on the market. Here is what HP is selling online:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/ContentView?eSpotName=Accessories&storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051#...

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Dr. DO

Thanks for the reply and good assistance.  My HP speakers which came with the computer are HP compact 2.0 and work well in most cases.  The speakers are fine for most applications but weak for informational external hard drive i.e. my passport and instructional help on HP.

I want a basic audio, wired, for  around $30.00 to bring up the mentioned and perhaps other applications.  On the HP list the HP 5500 looks like a possibility if it is stronger than the compact 2.0 on which the specs were not available.

Thanks you for your help

Beachside.

HP Recommended

Based on what I could find of the specs, the HP S5000 (is that the one you meant) has 4Watts of power vs the Compact 2.0, which has 2Watts per speaker. More Watts equals louder. Doesn't always equal better sound quality though. From what I could tell from the limited specs provided and what I found looking on google product reviews, I think both would have similar quality of sound.....but if were me, and I was looking for $30 speakers, I would go with the Logitech 2.0 on that page:
http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/logitech-20-speaker-system---black?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP

This one says it has 10Watts of power, and it has audio controls so you can adjust the bass, trebble, and tone.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help and information.  A learning experience

Beachside

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Happy to help.

HP Recommended

the information was greatly appreciated and please close the file.

Thanks.

Beachside

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.