Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Desk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After importing Driver Pack (sp79189) to SCCM 1606 and installing a new HP Elite Desk 800 G3 the sound is not working.

If I check Device Manager, all drivers seems to be installed successfully. 

I also created a SCCM Package to install the Connexant Audio Driver 8.65.186.50 separately (Sp78903) . I used the following command: setup.exe -s 

SCCM log told me, that the driver was installed successfully, but the sound is still not working.

If I install the driver manually, the driver will install successfully and the sound is working.

I also realized that HP Audio Control Tool was installed then. With SCCM there is no Audio Control Tool. 

It would be great, if somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We are having the same issue. Did you find a solution to this problem?

We're also using SCCM 1610 to deploy Win10. Sound won't work if driver is installed as a step in our Task Sequence. If we install the driver manually the sound is working.

HP Recommended

Did you ever come up with a solution for this issue? 

I am currently having the same problem?

HP Recommended

I opened a HP incident for that case .

HP is currently on the way to release a new Sounddriver for the EliteDesk 800 G3

They told me, that the driver should release in the next few day.

As workaround, you may remove the faulty driver from the CM Driver Pack.

Windows 10 will  install a nativ Windows driver and the sound is working.

HP Recommended

Thanks to the work around, it worked like a champ. 

HP Recommended

New driver is available. I successfully tested it on SCCM 1606.

Conexant High Definition Audio Driver 8.65.186.51 Rev.A

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-g3-small-form-factor-pc/15257618

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.