Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 750qe 420 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting no sound from my HP 2.1 compact speakers on  a newly set up HP 750qe desktop. I have tired all the trouble-shooting step;s suggested by HP Assistant but there is no change. What else should I try? I do not have additional speakers to swap in to test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RogerIndependen, welcome to the forum.

You should go into the Control Panel / Sound and assure that your speakers are set to default, if you haven't done so.  Here is the User Guide for the speakers.  Did you turn the switch on that powers the speakers and is it plugged into the correct port?

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@RogerIndependen, welcome to the forum.

You should go into the Control Panel / Sound and assure that your speakers are set to default, if you haven't done so.  Here is the User Guide for the speakers.  Did you turn the switch on that powers the speakers and is it plugged into the correct port?

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to make sure you have the speaker jack in the right port (the light green one).

Figure : Odense2 back I/O panel Odense2 back I/O panel

1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. LAN (Ethernet)
  3. HDMI: 2
  4. USB 3.0: 2
  5. Audio: Line in
  6. Audio: Line out
  7. Audio: Microphone
HP Recommended

It is in the green port. So that can nor be the trouble.

HP Recommended

And there was sound. Thankyou. The Speaker user Guide showed me where to turn on speakers.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @RogerIndependen.  I thought that no power might be the problem since most speakers don't have an on/off switch.  I am glad that you are up and running!

HP Recommended

Have single plug for hewlett packard computer-came out from terminal now cannot find proper terminal point to reconnect windows 8. Complete computer idiot.need help ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.