Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

Sound jumps or skipps

[ Edited ]
Product Name: DELL Dim. 2400, tag 3514Y71
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Thank you with the help that you gave on the other computer that I was working on for a friend of mine. I like to help people with their problems that they are having with their computers, I admit that I still have a lot to learn about them but I am thankful that there are forums like this on the web that I can turn to for help. I am now having a problem with the sound on this DELL Dim. 2400. It is a new install and everything works just fine except for the sound. When I listen to videos on line it jumps or skips if you know what I mean, as if it is trying to catch up, but it has two (2) gig of ram in it and it accepts it. I have downloaded all the drivers along with flash player, still does it? Does anyone have any suggestions; everything is original with this computer, no add-ons or upgrades, just the way as if you would buy it from the store, except for the re-format.

Provost
Message 2 of 5 (291 Views)

Re: Sound jumps or skipps

Hi:

Did you try this audio driver?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=TYY1G

If that doesn't work, you may also want to post your question on the Dell Desktop Audio Support Forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)

Yes I did and no that didn't work besides the driver that I had in it was newer then that one. Thank you though; I do appreciate your help.

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work.

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)

Thats OK, it is an old computer. I find that if I pause it for a while it will play pretty good then. Thank you though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation