Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (64 Views)

Sound output from back panel (also front panel) has an intermittant short buzz on CD playback.

Product Name: HP Pavilion HPE-180t
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The CD plays just fine on an external player. 

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (35 Views)

Re: Sound output from back panel (also front panel) has an intermittant short buzz on CD playback.

@HPE1

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the playback on cd using both audio jacks is creating a short buzz, however, an external cd player works fine,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

You've done most of the important steps by confirming that the issue isn't with the CD being used, however, did you connect the external player to the computer or is that a media player separate from your PC?

Have you checked with a headphone as well? does the issue persist?

Did you reinstall the audio drivers from the HP website? if you have, please uninstall from the device manager and install a fresh copy using this Official HP website: Click here

While you respond to that, I recommend you run a hardware test on the DVD drive and the sound card: Click here for the details on how to test your computer.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation