Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ak011na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with the sound breaking up i.e.  slight gap or skip it happens at random times do you have any clue as to why this happens its so annoying.

I also have this problem in HP Lounge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome @Treacletin, 

I understand that you are having an issue with the sound on your HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak011na breaking up. 

Please remove any and all USB devices and make sure to disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Did you happen to try the audio troubleshooter? It might be able to fix your issue automatically.

Have you tried plugging in external speakers to see if it is the compatibility?

When you connect headphones, do you still hear the audio issue?

Have you tried updating the audio driver?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant to update all of your drivers?

Have you tried using the Windows troubleshooting tool?

Have you tried to uninstall the audio driver?

If not, please use the following steps:

• Go to the Device Manager
  • Click on Sound, video, and game controllers
  • Right click on the Sound driver
  • Click Uninstall
  • Restart your Notebook twice

You can find these and other troubleshooting steps in the No Sound from Speakers document. Please follow the steps provided in the questions asked above and the documentation. 

Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. This will help other's with the same sound issue find a resolution on the HP Support Forums quickly. 

If you would like to simply say Thanks for my reply, please use the Thumbs up button. 

When you re-post please include the detailed results of the troubleshooting, answers to the questions asked above.

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome @Treacletin, 

I understand that you are having an issue with the sound on your HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak011na breaking up. 

Please remove any and all USB devices and make sure to disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Did you happen to try the audio troubleshooter? It might be able to fix your issue automatically.

Have you tried plugging in external speakers to see if it is the compatibility?

When you connect headphones, do you still hear the audio issue?

Have you tried updating the audio driver?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant to update all of your drivers?

Have you tried using the Windows troubleshooting tool?

Have you tried to uninstall the audio driver?

If not, please use the following steps:

• Go to the Device Manager
  • Click on Sound, video, and game controllers
  • Right click on the Sound driver
  • Click Uninstall
  • Restart your Notebook twice

You can find these and other troubleshooting steps in the No Sound from Speakers document. Please follow the steps provided in the questions asked above and the documentation. 

Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. This will help other's with the same sound issue find a resolution on the HP Support Forums quickly. 

If you would like to simply say Thanks for my reply, please use the Thumbs up button. 

When you re-post please include the detailed results of the troubleshooting, answers to the questions asked above.

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

thanks for your contact

Yes tried all of them except rebooting twice so will give it anther go.

My headphones are USB.

HP Recommended

It seems that the twice reboot is important whether this is final solution I will have to wait and see if problem reappears

HP Recommended

Yay! 

I am glad that it has started to work for you. Please keep me informed over the next couple days just to make sure it stays in a working state for you 🙂 

Thank you for letting me know so far! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Emerald Avenger

Re

Go to the Device Manager

Click on Sound, video, and game controllers

Right click on the Sound driver

Click Uninstall

Restart your Notebook twice

I have done this process many time unfortunately it reverts to broken sound the next time I use my PC.

Have you any other Solution for this

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.