Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G2 23"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been working on my new HP EliteOne 800 G2 23" all in one computer, and I'm noticing a slight crackle/static noise when I'm clicking on things with the mouse where you would typically here the little chime.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it seems like going to a site with a lot of video can set it off..... 

For instance, when you would typically hear the Windows chime when you click on Cortana, there's a little burst of static, like a feedback sound for a quick second..... I'm not sure I'm describing it right, but it seems to be coming from the internal speakers (Bang and Olufsen).

The computer is very quiet.... but I've been noticing this lately, and I'm wondering if this is a big deal, or a quick fix?  BTW, I don't have any smartphones near the computer.... just modem and printer, but that's how I've always had my computer situated.  I don't know if the drivers are all updated or if that would even matter? 

Please let me know what I should do????  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

Maybe try set of external speakers in line out jack on left side of monitor and then back of monitor.

The HP User Guide for PC shows a headset-line out jack on left side of monitor and a stereo line out on back of monitor.

Then try headphones to check if static is only in one connection or both or only in internal speakers or all speakers and headphones.

If static in all connections then maybe audio chipset is bad on motherboard. If static is in one jack then maybe jack is faulty. Or in internal speakers but not headphones or external speakers then internal speaker have problem.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.