Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know what type of sound card I can use on an HP Envy 750-110.  I currently already have a PCI-e graphics card installed and its (looking from the top) in the second slot, which I assume is the PCI-ex16 (Gen 3).  I couldn't find a diagram that shows the motherboard slot locations/types.  Is the top Gen 2 or Gen 3 and what kind of sound card can I upgrade to?

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE SUPPORT page for that model.  For the motherboard it lists:

Expansion Slots:
  • 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0)
  • 1 PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)

And the pictures shows the same thing.  Is what you are seeing the same as the picture on that page?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Actually, I have already seen the specs and the motherboard figure.  I wasn't sure that my video card was in the right (Gen3) slot, or not.  I wasn't sure which slot from the motherboard graphic was the PCIe x 16 Gen3.  The graphic doesn't show that.  Seeing what the board has and which slot is which is never displayed.  I'm just not the knowledgeable.  I have since found out that I am using the 16, so I have to use a 1 for the sound card.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yep you got it.  The long slot is the PCIe x 16 Gen3.  The short slot - the PCIx1 can be used for a sound card.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.