Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520-1070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I needed to do a factory reset on the PC.  After resetting, there is no sound.  the only device selection option is "AMD HDMI Output"  I attempted to download and install  the driver several different ways - including run as administrator, and through the "secret" administrator account.  I get an error that the certificate is blocked, and i need to unblock the publisher.  However, there are no blocked publishers, and i can't seem to find any way around this.

thanks,

jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

I have suggestion that may fix problem if the alternate audio driver download did not fix and you don't want Windows generic driver.

A factory install back to windows 7 will create a folder on PC's "C' drive called SWSETUP. This folder has drivers and most software HP installed from factory image.

There is a subfolder for drivers. Look for IDT folder. In that folder you will find the IDT driver HP installed at the factory. You have to poke around but the setup.exe file for IDT audio is in there.

Install driver.

Grzy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@jmilliken

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did the issue occur after upgrading to windows 10? which OS was supplied with this computer?

Have you attempted to delete the audio drivers and then install the latest update from the HP Website?

Meanwhile, here are a few things you could try:

Click here to install an alternate driver update if the original doesn't work.

Also, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many others: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@jmilliken

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Riddle_Decipher,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

I have suggestion that may fix problem if the alternate audio driver download did not fix and you don't want Windows generic driver.

A factory install back to windows 7 will create a folder on PC's "C' drive called SWSETUP. This folder has drivers and most software HP installed from factory image.

There is a subfolder for drivers. Look for IDT folder. In that folder you will find the IDT driver HP installed at the factory. You have to poke around but the setup.exe file for IDT audio is in there.

Install driver.

Grzy

HP Recommended

And @Grzwacz is the winner!

HP Recommended
multimedia aud controller driver for. hp desktop window 7
HP Recommended
driver
HP Recommended

Greetings @Philip4u,

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking for a driver for your computer running on Windows 7. 

Don't worry, I will be happy to help. 

For me to be able to assist you better, I would require the product number/model of your computer. 

Alternately, you can run HP Support Assistant on your computer to automatically detect and install all the drivers meant for your computer. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Visit www.hp.com/drivers and enter the product of your computer to download the drivers manually. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.