Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have HP DC7700 desktop, whenever I switched on the machine, it gives me 9 beeps with two second gap it starts again beeping.

What I do is take out bios batteries from motherboard and place it back, after a while i switch it on again and it ask to save configuration and fix datetime. I restart system 10 times but it didn't give any error & works fine.

The next day it start beeping again ... 😞

I am unable to figure it out what is the matter. Please help.

MIZ

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂

@Zuberi wrote:

Hi all,

I have HP DC7700 desktop, whenever I switched on the machine, it gives me 9 beeps with two second gap it starts again beeping.

What I do is take out bios batteries from motherboard and place it back, after a while i switch it on again and it ask to save configuration and fix datetime. I restart system 10 times but it didn't give any error & works fine.

The next day it start beeping again ... 😞

I am unable to figure it out what is the matter. Please help.

MIZ

The quickspecs show that your dc7700 is from 2007. Have you considered changing the BIOS battery? The batteries do go flat eventually. Your having to set the day/date is an indicator that the battery is no longer doing its job of keeping the settings in the BIOS CMOS chip.

The battery is a CR2032 and can be found at any drugstore or most electronics shops.

Kind regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes bro ... I have changed batt. in last week, I also thought that batt. may went out but it didn't work.

HP Recommended

What is the name of the BIOS in your desktop PC?

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the troubleshooting manual for your PC.

Please see Appendix A, page 59 for that particular beep code.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01302202/c01302202.pdf

Possible solutions:

1. Check that the voltage selector, located on

the rear of the power supply (some models),

is set to the appropriate voltage. Proper

voltage setting depends on your region.

2. Unplug the AC power cord from the

computer, wait 30 seconds, then plug the

power cord back in to the computer.

3. Replace the system board.

4. Replace the processor.

Paul

HP Recommended

After all the efforts I find the exact problem  from the mother board .

It was a leaky capacitor

Please find the video how to replace; I fixed more 8 pc with same tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZB3WDfhi80&feature=youtu.be

HP Recommended

Hello

I don't speak english well, but i want to express my gratitudes because it was a problem with my hp 5100 (2005)

with 9 beeps which repeat all the time and after I saw several forums i found the solution the problem was "the processor" just after changing all things run normally; its obvious that wa must take a look in "F10" to make changes in bios.:smileywink:

kindly

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.