03-05-2012 11:53 AM
I am having the «not responding» issue with Access 2007 when I try to open some tables, not all. The tables are Access 2000 format. They all open fine when accessed through a form. The desgn view of each table also works fine. I can open these tables with Access 2002, no problem (I have both Access 2002 and 2007 installed on my HP laptop and I will not unintall Access 2002 until this is resolved).
The tables are on a network and open fine with other, non HP, laptops.
I saw the thread about HP Protect Tools, I can not find any reference to HP Protect Tools in my laptop, no software, no programs showing up in Control Panel installed programs list, nothing.
There is the finger print thing, but I have never activated that.
So what gives?
03-13-2012 09:04 PM
FIXED!!!! FYI, installing Windows 7 service pack 1 did not fix the problem. In my case, the problem was caused by HP Protect Tools. After SP1 failed to fix the problem, I found a thread on the HP forums calledAccess 2007 hangs/stops responding. That put me onto HP Protect Tools as a possible cause for the problem. On my computer, here is what I had to do:
Before each step, I had to open my Task Manager and kill dpagent.exe
1) Uninstall Privacy Manager for HP Protect Tools. Reboot.
2) Uninstall Device Access Manager for HP Protect Tools. Reboot.
3) Uninstall Drive Encryption for HP Protect Tools. Reboot.
4) Uninstall HP Protect Tools Security Manager. Reboot.
I can now open any table and Access doesn't freeze! (FYI they are just regular, simple tables with alphanumeric data only).
Hope this helps someone else out there experiencing the AppHangB1 error with msaccess.exe
03-14-2012 05:19 AM
I uninstalled the fingerprint utility or protection software. I had never activated this feature, I really fail to see it's usefulness, and I can easily see where it could become a liability instead of a positive thing, whatever...
Access tables now open just fine.
02-12-2013 03:54 AM
I had my database for 4 years and never had this problem.
I've moved to a EliteBook 8440p laptop this month and the tables started hanging, the MS Access Not responding. Even very simple tables, which I tried to open directly, not even using macros.
I have uninstalled the HP ProtectTools Security Manager service and it now works!
Thanks a lot for advice.
04-07-2017 07:35 AM
Hello, I'm running Windows 10 and MS Access 2016, I had the same problem but fixed it by:
1. Uninstall Support tools
2. Changed screen resolution (lower one)
>>> it worked
4. Restored screen resolution to the highes recommended
5. re-install HP support tools
>>> still working
04-07-2017 08:28 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number) • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable) • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any) • Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred • Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message! Thank you