Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise Edition on HP Elite 8300 PC. I went to BIOS settings and enabled Secure Boot option, saved the settings and did exit. After that my screen remains totally blank. I tried to restore BIOS to its default settings by unplugging all the accessories, even hard disks. Remove the power cord and pressed the power button for 5 seconds as suggested by HP support page. Then restarted the computer, pressed F10 few times, waited 5 seconds, pressed F5, pressed enter and pressed F10 again and pressed enter. I still couldn't see anything. I have tried it several times. Please help me about the next troubleshooting option 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The next troubleshooting step would be to shut down and unplug the PC.

Remove everything connected to it.

Open the case and find the little yellow CMOS reset button on the motherboard.

Usually it is located near the coin cell battery.

Press and hold that button for about 20 - 30 seconds.

Hook everything back up and hopefully, you will be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The next troubleshooting step would be to shut down and unplug the PC.

Remove everything connected to it.

Open the case and find the little yellow CMOS reset button on the motherboard.

Usually it is located near the coin cell battery.

Press and hold that button for about 20 - 30 seconds.

Hook everything back up and hopefully, you will be good to go.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

Thank you for this great help, it has worked perfectly well and was an easy solution too. 

Thanks once again 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.