Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
810-470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to change the password that unlocks the computer when booting it up. It just takes more time than it should and what I have on the computer isn't that private. Also, I wanted to make a guest account for everyone else that needs to use my computer at the house. I just can't find the settings to do that, if anyone could help it'd be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SirRomo, welcome to the forum.

I have my computers set to Auto logon.  Like you, I don't need the security.  Here us a guide to help you set it up:

Automatically logon without password

This is the easiest way to automatically login to Windows 10 without entering the password.

Step 1: First step is to open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and R keys (Windows+R). In the Run dialog box, type Netplwiz and then press Enter key.

Step 2: In the resulting User Accounts dialog, select your user account first and then uncheck the option labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.

Step 3: In the Automatically sign in dialog, type your password and then re-enter the password to confirm the same.

Finally, click OK button.

Here is the guide with the above information.

You can go into the Control Panel / System and Security / User Accounts / User Accounts / Manage another account.  There you can setup a Guest Account.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SirRomo, welcome to the forum.

I have my computers set to Auto logon.  Like you, I don't need the security.  Here us a guide to help you set it up:

Automatically logon without password

This is the easiest way to automatically login to Windows 10 without entering the password.

Step 1: First step is to open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and R keys (Windows+R). In the Run dialog box, type Netplwiz and then press Enter key.

Step 2: In the resulting User Accounts dialog, select your user account first and then uncheck the option labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.

Step 3: In the Automatically sign in dialog, type your password and then re-enter the password to confirm the same.

Finally, click OK button.

Here is the guide with the above information.

You can go into the Control Panel / System and Security / User Accounts / User Accounts / Manage another account.  There you can setup a Guest Account.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

This helps a lot, thanks again! @old_geekster

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.