Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 818 330qe CTO
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer goes to sleep if not being used. This will happen in about 1 minute or so. Power settings are correct, what else could it be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the problem, my screen saver was set to blank, with a 1 minute start time. I changed the setting to none and the one minute went grey. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @babywhl

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed you post and understand that the computer is going to sleep within 1 minute.

I’d love to help!

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

> Right-click on the battery icon on the right-side bottom of the screen (System tray)

> Click on Power options

> On the left side you will see Choose when to turn off the display click on that.

> Then click on Change advanced power settings

> Then click on Restore plan defaults

Check if everything is working fine. If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below document.

http://hp.care/2fei8W3

Let me know how it works.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, but nothing there helped.

HP Recommended

Hi @babywhl

Thank you for posting back.

If you have followed all the steps in the link I have provided in my previous post, then I recommend you to perform a recovery on the computer.

Follow the steps in the below link to perform recovery.

http://hp.care/2c7wZSQ

Let me know how it works.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's the last thing I want to do, there must be another solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @babywhl

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Press Windows+X, and choose run in the menu.

Step 2: Type regedit in the dialog box and press Enter. 

Go the below registry entry and click on attributes on the right side panel and change the value to 2.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0\DefaultPowerSchemeValues

Then close the registry editor and go to power options in power options click on change plan settings and then click on change advanced power settings. 

A  dialog box will open up select sleep in that, now you will see an option "System unattended sleep timeout" click on that and change the minutes to whatever you prefer.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is where I am at:CaptureCOMP.PNG

HP Recommended

What are you telling me?

HP Recommended

Hi @babywhl

Please open the below registry entry and change the attribute value to 2.

Below is the registry entry you need to open.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0\DefaultPowerSchemeValues

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Exactly where does the 2 go?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.