Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Pavilion (p6203w Win 7 home premium 64 w/ nVidia MPC61, and 4GB) is 2 weeks old and I am having issues with my Verizon USB LAN device, and also my Kodak USB printer. I have downloaded latest software for each, and contacted tech support for HP several times, and Verizon several times to no avail. All of my software and hardware work flawlessly on my ACER Vista Laptop. I found this post today, and downloaded the update to my flash drive, and loaded it to my HP, and got the same error message [The update did not complete successfully. (259)] So far HP Support has not lived up to their name... [text removed] DO I DO NOW? (please and thank you)

HP Recommended

I am getting the same message...HP...some help, please! 

HP Recommended

There may be a problem with the nVidia USB chipset, see this page http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/80a6028d-6d29-4763-91b2-932ed53...

One solution appears to be to purchase a USB Add-in PCI card.  Make sure it has Win7 64-bit drivers.

HP Recommended

I too am getting the same 529 message....help??

HP Recommended

I have a Workstation XW6400, Win 7 Ultimate - 64, nVidea Quadro FX1500, 8Gb RAM, USB-mouse and keyboard.
Connecting a USB-device caused complete all USB, front & back, not responding. All USB host controllers and hubs are listed and apparently functioning correctly in Device Manager.
Restarting machine, disconnecting - reconnecting, unistalling and let the automatic detection and installing of new hardware do its work: Nothing worked.
Not even after running software update (SoftPaq SP44620) with driver version 6.1.7600.6445
What now? Running now on a old PS/2 mouse - keyboard.
My CAD-work is getting delayed. I need USB for my 3D-controller. Please help.

Willy

Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 2689

Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 268A

Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 268B
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 2688
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 268C
USB-hoofdhub
USB-hoofdhub
USB-hoofdhub
USB-hoofdhub
USB-hoofdhub

HP Recommended

As you detailed, the XW6400 workstation uses INTEL USB chipset/controller, not NVIDIA chipset/controller as is mentioned numerous times.  IOW, this update does not apply to your hardware.

For those who have NVIDIA USB chipset/controller, download and install the Microsoft hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

HP Recommended

for those who is getting the error when installing the host controller update:

try uninstalling the kb976972 from the list of installed updates from microsoft

restart the pc

then try again to install the host controller update, the update will be successful

cheers!

HP Recommended

When I ran the update, I also got "Update did not complete successfully (529) message."

HP Recommended

Removing the update (remember to hide it so it doesn't reinstall itself) not only allowed me to do the controller update, but also resolved the issue of my p6102f system hanging (sometimes for 5 seconds, sometimes for 5 minutes), particularly when I was dragging scroll  bars, but at other times as well. The system did the same thing both before the controller update--and after it--which led me to believe it was the windows update itself that was causing the problem.

HP Recommended

I have a Touchsmart 600-1170 series and have had ongoing problems with NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver Version 186.60 stopping constantly... causing a momentary black screen.... but this happens sometimes a few times in an hour...

Is this solution(the WIN7 USB driver update) suitable for fixing my problem? Can you help please I am not a techie and I am very frustrated that my new machine seems so "bug"ridden!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.