Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23 (All in One)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keept getting the blue screen a few times a day with messages such as Critical Process Died, so I decided to a factory reset. Now the PC has entered an endless loop (spinning wheel).  I did multiple hard shutdown and restart, but keep getting the same result. I aslo tried to let it process for over 24 hours and still won't emerge from the endless loop.  Doesn't matter which key I hit, it won't offer me any option to boot from USB or anything else.

Anyone has experienced this issue before?    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @franky1234, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you were getting a blue screen on your PC so you did a factory reset after which the PC is stuck in an endless loop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes to your PC?

Try performing a hard reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

Also, check in BIOS if the PC keeps rebooting.

To boot into BIOS turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key, you will boot into BIOS.

If the PC is not rebooting in BIOS. Then try performing a BIOS default on your PC.

Go to file select restore defaults. Press F10 to save changes and exit.

Also, try running system diagnostics on your PC by F2.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
what do i do when it go beeep beep then it says will you exit changes
HP Recommended
please help
HP Recommended

@VoltronPrimeX, thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you get the beeps when you exit changes in BIOS.

You have to use the arrow keys on the keyboard and select yes or no.

So you have to select yes to save the changes in BIOS.

Also, did you run the system diagnostics from F2? what are the results?

I'll watch your reply! 🙂 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.