Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 20
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
There is an error 0q0000185 please help I couldn't start my computer anyway please help me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. 

That error code indicates a hard drive failure, normally meaning a replacement drive is required. However before you do that, power down the system and try removing the hard drive and then installing it again. It is always possible there was just a bad connection.

If there is not a change, then if you have an external drive bay, install that (probably defective) hard drive, and see if you can access the contents using another computer, for data backup purposes.

If you have another compatible hard drive, install that into the Pavilion 20, and see if the same or similar error comes up, if it does then the issue is more likely something to do with the motherboard. You can expect a boot error, or no operating system type of message, unless that hard drive has an operating system already installed.

If that hard drive works, then you can either use it, or obtain another hard drive to install to. To get started you will either need a set of Recovery discs or a Retail OS installation disc of some kind. If you do not have a a set of Recovery discs, you could try to obtain them from HP.  HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

A last option depending on how comfortable you feel with any of the methods I mentioned, would be to check with HP Phone Support for a possible repair, if it proves necessary. In that case, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @Huseynbasar,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand that you are getting an error code of "0q0000185". I am happy to help with this.

Can you please verify that error code? In almost every case they should be an 8 hexadecimal digit code preceded by "0x".  So I suspect the correct code should be either  0xC0000185, or 0x00000185. Please verify whether it is one of those two or something still different.

Also, please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
I couldn't find that page again. But I think there wasn't any C .Now written just like this :
"Hard disk error
Please run the hard disk test in system Diagnostics
Hard disk 1 (3f1)
F2 system Diagnostics
For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup" that's all. I made the test. It says:" Memory quick check: passed" but still I can't use my computer. Please help me. And my English is not very well so can you speak little bit easy. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. 

That error code indicates a hard drive failure, normally meaning a replacement drive is required. However before you do that, power down the system and try removing the hard drive and then installing it again. It is always possible there was just a bad connection.

If there is not a change, then if you have an external drive bay, install that (probably defective) hard drive, and see if you can access the contents using another computer, for data backup purposes.

If you have another compatible hard drive, install that into the Pavilion 20, and see if the same or similar error comes up, if it does then the issue is more likely something to do with the motherboard. You can expect a boot error, or no operating system type of message, unless that hard drive has an operating system already installed.

If that hard drive works, then you can either use it, or obtain another hard drive to install to. To get started you will either need a set of Recovery discs or a Retail OS installation disc of some kind. If you do not have a a set of Recovery discs, you could try to obtain them from HP.  HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

A last option depending on how comfortable you feel with any of the methods I mentioned, would be to check with HP Phone Support for a possible repair, if it proves necessary. In that case, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thank you really much. I will try another hard driver. I hope it will work. Thank you really much again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.