Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27-B190na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my PC boots I can no longer login with facial recognition as the system states the camera isnt working so I use my pin... the camera is working when windows has booted up, please help. :indifferent:

Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ModelTreeShop, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you are unable to login to your PC using facial recognition.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please update RealSense Depth Camera Management and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update Intel RealSense Depth Camera Management.

Link to update BIOS.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ModelTreeShop, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you are unable to login to your PC using facial recognition.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please update RealSense Depth Camera Management and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update Intel RealSense Depth Camera Management.

Link to update BIOS.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Envy all-in-one that I bought at a Microsoft Store.  Useless extended warranty from them as I spent hours on 2 calls trying to get this resolved. They gave up and bounced me to HP.

I couldn't get through to HP for online support so I tried their 24/7 telephone service....what a waste of time.  On hold for 5 hours.

I will never buy another HP computer even though the overall design and form factor of this computer is great.  Time to switch to Apple.  At least their service doesn't consist of having you waste days upon days getting nowhere.

P.S.  This is the second stupid issue I've had with this computer.  I'm on my 2nd computer of this type in which the bluetooth driver has failed within 6 weeks of having the computer.

HP should stick with manufacturing monitors only.  Clearly, computers are not their strong suit.

HP Recommended

Greetings @JChu05

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.” 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't get mine to work and I have tried all suggestions. I like this computer so far but it has only been 6 weeks and this is already not working? UGH! Annoying.

Are there any more suggestions?

Thank you,

Kerman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.