04-20-2017 08:09 AM
Mr. Calvin, My touch smart desktop screen is black. The power botton comes on and I can hear the motor coming on . However, the screen stays blank. I have gone through the turing off the screen, pushing F10, F5, and enter on the keyboard. It came up a few
times. I thought that when I have it open again, I plan to delete unnessary folders. I appreciate any help you can give. Thank You in advance.
04-21-2017 09:55 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you're looking for Mr. Calvin, but I can help you. I read that you have an HP TouchSmart 310-1020 Desktop PC and the PC powers on and the screen stays blank. I read that you have tried pressing the f10, f5, etc keys but that did not help. However, the PC did boot into Windows at times. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- The PC was originally shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). Did you happen to change or upgrade the operating system?
- Did any hardware changes take place on the PC (like a hard drive change, etc.)?
Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Power off the PC. If the screen is blank then you may have to press and hold the power button for a few seconds to power it off.
- Disconnect all devices and cables from the PC. Also, disconnect the power cable.
- Press and hold the power button of the PC for 15 seconds and then release it. This will discharge any static from the PC.
- Reconnect the only the keyboard, mouse and power cable and power on the PC.
If the PC refuses to boot into Windows then please perform a BIOS recovery.
If the issue still persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers!
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!