Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Phoenix 860-019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HI. I connected my phone to a USB port to transfer some pictures and as soon as I inserted the USB cable the computer shut down and will not turn back on.
I have tried disconnecting the USB cable, disconnected power cord and the only thing that I get is a blinking green light on the back of the tower. No fans kick in, nothing.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello dyazoo

The blinking green light at the back of the tower is the power supply light. This could mean there is a problem with the power supply.

The causal relationship of connecting your phone and power supply failure is most likely, not probable.

Even though the events happened concurrently, connecting your phone to your PC may not have caused this. Hey, anything can happen with computers. Believe me, I have seen some weird stuff through the last 30 years.

It is easier to direct you to HP Support troubleshooting site instead of  trying to guide you through troubleshooting steps.

Grzy

HP Recommended
I have gone through all the testing on the link you provided including connecting the green and black with a paperclip on P1, disconnecting all devices and cables, using a spare power cord and connecting power to a different recepticle.
The fan on the power supply does not turn at any time.
I bought the computer 14 months ago, didn't get it set up for a few weeks and it has been used sparingly. Should this be covered by warranty?
HP Recommended

Hi dyazoo

I don't work for HP and cannot answer this question as I am not an agent of HP.

A one year warranty is good for 12 months.

You seem to be tech savvy. Get a new power supply with same dimensions and equal or greater wattage and install it yourself. It maybe less expensive to do this versus extending the warranty with HP.

Contact HP Support.

Grzy 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.