Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@MKazi wrote:

@AgDrumma07

I appreciate that. 🙂

It keeps us going. Take care! 

Hi MKazi,

I installed a new motherboard today, along with new RAM (went from 3x 2GB to 2x 4GB) however the issue persists.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi @AgDrumma07, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, after installing the new motherboard, did you install the operating system on your computer. 

Were you able to run a system test on your computer? 

Please boot the computer to BIOS, do a BIOS defaults and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Hi @AgDrumma07, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, after installing the new motherboard, did you install the operating system on your computer. 

Were you able to run a system test on your computer? 

Please boot the computer to BIOS, do a BIOS defaults and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Hi @Chimney_83, thank you for replying.  My original issue was that the computer gets stuck on the HP boot screen.  I can't run system tests, boot into BIOS or even use the funcition keys.  It stays stuck on the HP boot logo screen.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please try the steps mentioned under "Troubleshooting other issues with computer not starting" section of this HP Article

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.