Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I've HP w1907 desktop... I am using it since 2008.
Last month I've format it to have new windows 7 Ultimate in it... Previously also I was using win7 Ultimate.

But it was keep restarting after the use of 4-5 minutes and so I've installed the OS all over again.

It was working fine... after 3-4 weeks, when I started it, it gets stuck at blue "HP invent" Boot Screen.

This screen has the instructions for entering the "Boot Menu", "Setup", and "System Recovery" by pressing the "Esc", "F10", aor "F11" key.  It just sits there forever. 

If I try to enter the "Boot Menu"by pressing the "Esc" key, I get a message "Loading Boot Menu.....", but then it just hangs there forever.  If I try to enter the  "Setup Menu" I get a similar result - it says "Entering Setup...", and just hangs there.  Pressing the "F11" key doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

By searching forums I've tried resetting the BIOS - which I've got from here :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Powering-up-gets-stuck-at-blue-quot-HP-in...

and

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01080282

After doing this also, the result is zero Smiley Sad

Please help me...

I am in hurry...

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The incorrect time and date can definitely cause problems.  What normally happens, however, is that websites won't open because the state that the Certificate is not up to date.  I have not heard of the time and date causing the computer not to boot.  I believe that you need to change the CMOS battery.  Here is a guide on how to change it.  The guide also has some good troubleshooting information.

Once the battery has been changed we'll see what happens.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Jiga4Electrons, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you leave the computer running and disconnect all of the USB devices, except the keyboard and mouse.  I recently ran into the same problem.  When I disconnected my USB external hard drives it booted perfectly.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response sir.
I've not connect any USB devices to my PC.
only Keyboard and Mouse are connected...
Coincidentally one time it has started perfectly...!!
Don't know how...
After that again the same problem... It was just a momentarily relief.

Don't know what to do...
Please Please Please help.
I am in hurry... Its vry URGENT to open my computer!! 😞

HP Recommended

J4E, I will do my best to get you up and running.

Next, we are going to test the power supply unit (PSU).  The symptoms that you describe could also be caused by a failing PSU.  It can cause problems that don't seem to be PSU related.  One of those problems restarting.

Here is a guide to help you troubleshoot the problem:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph06788

Follow the instructions carefully.  Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

Hello Sir,
Surprisingly agian when I started my PC just to check before I follow the steps... It starts!!!
And I marked one thing is the date!! the date is 01-01-2007 00:00 ???!!!!

As I mentioned in my last post PC was started earlier as well and at that time also this date issue was there.

But at that time I've just set the time and tried to restart it and it wasn't able to start... was continueing the problem...

Today as it has started I've not took the risk of shutting down or restarting it...
It is still on!!! finding the problems...

one problem is Time and Date...

Last time It was unable to update from internet (not a single link is working out of all provided):
And this time when I clicked on "change settings" buton provided on Internet Time tab it's keep saying :

you do not have permission to perform this task.

Please contact your administrator for help.

!!!??? I am the admin of the PC !! I don't have any other user!

HP Recommended

Okay... now to solve that - I search on the forum...

and by typing "w32tm /register" on admin's CMD.exe my problem has got partial solution.

now I am able to click on change settings button.

But when I try to click "update now" button it says

"Unable to start the Windows Time service. Please Try Again latter" (for all available links) - this is the same message whic I've got the last time.

And I am sure that if I'll try to start it after shutting down it won't start...

And I am not sure that is this Time and Date are the issue or something else!!??

this is getting weird ... Please help.

HP Recommended

The incorrect time and date can definitely cause problems.  What normally happens, however, is that websites won't open because the state that the Certificate is not up to date.  I have not heard of the time and date causing the computer not to boot.  I believe that you need to change the CMOS battery.  Here is a guide on how to change it.  The guide also has some good troubleshooting information.

Once the battery has been changed we'll see what happens.

HP Recommended

Hello Sir,

You was right...

The CMOS Battery was discharged!

I've replaced it ... and the date and time problem has been solved...

And you was right again by saying that it should not cause the problem while start up...

So the second problem (Major Problem) was CD Writer !!!

(I've changed the location of the PC last 3-4 weeks ago!!)

may be the it has grabbed the hardware of CD Writer..

And as the hardware of CD Writer was not working as per the expectation the BIOS may have got stuck...

And so it was unable to enter in Boot or Setup menu !! 😞

I've removed the data and supply cord of CD Writer... PC is working good now...

I am thankful to you sir.. for your thourough help..

Without you it may not happened

Now I am going to repair the CD Writer by opening it tomorrow..

Any help from you will be great help to me and its really appriciable..

God Bless You...

Thanks for your valuable time.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome.  It is my pleasure.  I am glad that we solved your problem.

HP Recommended

If you need to upgrade an old CRT from analog to a more current system I know that the business Ampronix can basically refurbish your older model and make it work with newer software. It sucks how technology is growing so fast and making certain stuff obsolete 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.