Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just received my All in One from service centre and they had to replace motherboard.

HP Recommended

You seem to have the million dollar question. I too am in the same boat. I downloaded Windows 10 as part of their free upgrade that Microsoft sent to me in a pop up window. It seemed to download with no errors, but was sluggish. Then I rebooted and things got worse until the screen went black. My guess is that Win 10 did an upgrade which tweaked the BIOS, because now I have no active devices ( no cursor, no kybd, ...) and cant get past the boot sequence.  I tried installing recovery media from HP through the DVD player and then thru USB, but no help. I assume that the com is just not recognizing these. Not even getting beep errors upon reboot. Even if the program ran, it would have to do it without any kybd strokes, as again I have a black and blank screen. I tried to clear the CMOS using both the jumpers and removing the battery, but no change. My last effort is to use the BIOS recovery jumpers on the MB but HP doesnt want to give up any information on how to do that. If you find a fix keep us posted, and I will do same.  Apparently from what I have read thousands of coms are having similar problems after the Win 10 upgrade. Thanks Microsoft!

HP Recommended
I have managed to resolve this on a Pavilion P6-2371ea that had been upgraded to Windows 10. The solution may be pretty generic across all PC's with a Joshua H61 UATX, SSID 2ADA, motherboard. The PC wasn't even getting to POST. Follow the steps below if you're sure it's not a standard power or monitor issue.

1. Power off and unplug mains cable. Press power button to discharge PSU.
2. Remove BIOS battery, hard drive
3. Remove memory
4. Power up and ensure you get 5 warning beeps (memory check)
5. Repeat step 1.
6. Insert a single memory module
7. Power up holding Windows key + B (don't know for sure that this did anything but it's sequence for getting into BIOS recovery on laptops I think so worth a punt). Had to hold for 1-2 minutes.
8. Repeat 3 thru 7 but keep swapping memory module position until it gets to POST screen with the option of F1 to boot.
9. Once you can successfully get to step 8 then you can do the same thing with the disk in. Connect disk and repeat steps 3 thru 7. At step 8 press F1 to boot.
10. With Windows 10 loaded, save any personal data into an external drive just in case.
11. Run sp70376.exe (8.20 Rev A for SSID 2ADA)
12. Reboot a few times to check functionality

Best of luck
Emma (The IT Girl)
www.TheITGirl.co.uk

HP Recommended

Emma that sounds very detailed and persuasive. Thank you.

I will try this out when I can buit it will not be a while as the machine in question is away.

HP Recommended
Persistence is the key. Sometimes the PC will reboot itself during the boot up after a memory module swap but ignore that, let it do its thing and keep those Window logo + B keys pressed down! 🙂 What you're trying to do is change the hardware configuration to trick into doing something.
HP Recommended
Well done to @legby for identifying sp70376.exe earlier in this thread. Didn't come up on HP Support but got it off a download site.
HP Recommended

hey guys, after hours and hours of fiddeling with my hp pavillon p6 2347eg this way was successfull for me :

1. Power on your machine

2. wait 1 minute

3. while running it set both jumpers from 1-3 to 3-5 position as described by HP

4. wait 20 sec

5. set jumpers back to default

6. power off pc over button

7. start machine normally with everything connected

8. you should get bios screen with date and time error

9. press f1 and boot windows

10. install bios update sp70376.exe as described above

11. be happy

dont let people tell you your stuff is broken, because most likely its not.

HP needs to srsly stepmup their game with the bios

gl to everyone !

HP Recommended

Hi Neotherealone,

Thanks for the post. I am curious how you determind the proper pin jumper sequence of steps? HP has yet to respond to my original post asking for instructions and purpose of all the jumpers on the Joshua board. Also, perhaps we have differemt mobo's? If your instructions are referring to the BIOS Recovery jumpers then my pin config is this- I have 7 pins. Pin 4 is missing. Pins 1 and 2 are jumped from the factory. So in your step 3 you say to set "both jumpers" from 1-3 to 3-5. Do you mean the single jumper bridging your 1-3 pins move to 3-5? Appreciate clarification before I attempt anything.

HP Recommended

Sammy_ALB,

Your view of the CLR CMOS and CLR PASS  pin config is correct, and HP is wrong, though they have yet to correct it. I would assume to clear CMOS we would simply move the single jumper occupying pins 1-3 to pins 3-5, but if you also did this then you probably got the same results as 1.5 million other people- nothing.   My metal tower of junk still has a black screen that wont boot post and no kybd or mouse function, making it impossible to do ANY troubleshooting or repairs requiring a kybd. I have asked HP for the purpose and instructions for using the other jumpers you mentioned and so far I have heard only the virtual sound of feet scurrying away :-(  Not even a courtest reply to say dont mess with those jumpers. If they truly dont know then they ( HP) should be contacting the board manufacturer which appears to be FOXCONN for some answers.  It appears that new or fairly new computers had only minor to moderate issues  with the Win 10 install that were resolved. So I suspect that the rest of us with this fatal problem have what HP would consider "older " computers. Mine is coming up on 4 years old and I was informed that it is considered past its service life- wow!  Maybe if enough of us ask for the purpose and instructions of the other jumpers we'll finally get a response.

HP Recommended

The IT GirlUK,

Thanks for your detailed instructions. I tried them with negative results, though I havent been persistent. I have only 2 RAM slots ( both have cards) so there is not a lot of swapping to do.  But I will try a few more times. If your instructions get this tower of junk working again I am buying you a pint, or two...  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.