Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@paulmar wrote:

All you need is your wife’s hair drier.

thanks. just, thanks. anyone who rescues me from having to go to f'king fry's elctronics is just... well, thank you, sincerely.

HP Recommended

thanks all, hairdryer got the unit to run but now its beeping!!!! and os is still not coming on. 2005ish Pavilion A125ON.

did some more searching to find the single beep meant trouble with the ram. reseated both cards and the unit fired right up.

HP Recommended
Hello KG13,

When the computer is beeping during startup this is generally a code that tells us what is wrong.

We need to diagnose the code that you are getting to identify what the problem is.

Use this article to match the code to the hardware component.
http://goo.gl/XlYdR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

oh i am sorry i forgot to update this. I did find what the code meant and reseated both ram cards. hit it with the blower dryer again and got it to fire right up. transfered the files and sent it to the curb. thanks much. 

HP Recommended
i used my sisters hp adaptor that does not meet my hp power requirements and now my Led light is blinking non-stop. Need help badly!!!!
HP Recommended

Hello MusQ_Stean,

I see that you are having a start up problem with your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Here are the details. Compaq nx6310, p/n: rh326ea#abb
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with the start up problems. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
I have done what i was asked as the possible solutions such as: draining d capacitör( the long press of the power button without the battery) and plugging it to an Ac adapter without battery. Still yet the Led light is still blinking. The major problem now is the system does not turn-on without me plugging it to an Ac adapter. When it is not plugged the blinking is non-stop and at once it is plugged the blinking stops and the system is ready to turn on if i press the power button. I hope you understand me?
HP Recommended

It sounds like the battery is completely dead and unable to power the unit. I'm not sure why the adapter is not charging the battery.

Signature

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.